Grease fire breaks out in downtown hotel
SAN DIEGO – A hotel in downtown was partially evacuated after a fire broke out inside it Sunday evening, fire officials said.
Traffic was diverted away from the Sophia Hotel on Broadway near First Avenue and Front Street to allow firefighters to battle a grease fire.
The fire broke out just after 8 p.m. in the kitchen and spread into the ventilation system of the building, fire dispatcher said. Light smoke filled the entrance area of the hotel.
Several people were seen outside the hotel. Firefighters had the fire put out by 8:45 p.m.
It was unknown if anyone was injured.