Garage fire erupts at Lakeside home
LAKESIDE, Calif. — A two-alarm fire destroyed the garage of a Lakeside home Friday.
The blaze at 9151 Single Oak Drive, east of Winter Gardens Boulevard, began shortly before 11 a.m., according to the Heartland Fire & Rescue Department and the California Highway Patrol.
A 911 caller told authorities the owner’s small dog was inside, and neighbors broke windows to rescue the canine, according to reports from the scene.
Crews had the blaze knocked down in about 25 minutes, the fire dispatcher said. It was not immediately clear what sparked the blaze.
Check back for updates on this developing story.