Gas leak prompts evacuations in Santee

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.
Santee-Fire-Department

Santee-Fire-Department

SANTEE, Calif. – Dozens of residents were evacuated from their homes in Santee due to a gas leak in the area, authorities said.

A driver crashed into a natural gas line around 3:40 p.m. at the 9100 block of Inverness Road, San Diego Sheriff’s deputy said.

Santee Fire Department crews asked residents within a 2-block radius to temporarily leave their houses while San Diego Gas & Electric crews fixed the leak.  Most people were allowed to return to their homes, expect three homes near the crash site.

Once the gas leak is repaired, the three homes will be inspected by SDG&E and the fire department to determine if it is safe for the residents to return to their homes.

1 Comment

Comments are closed.