Cardiff woman searches for owners of lost camera

[UPDATED 5:15 p.m. Thursday] The couple in the pictures reached out to Fox5 on Thursday morning after seeing the story on Facebook.  They are eager to connect with Marian Rogers in the next few days to retrieve their camera and see the pictures.

SAN DIEGO — A Cardiff woman found a family treasure and is trying to find its rightful owners who could be newlyweds.

Marian Rogers was taking a stroll along Cardiff State Beach when she came across a waterproof camera.

“I always try to walk along the edge of the water that’s coming in because I like to get my feet wet,” said Rogers as she pointed to the spot where she made her finding. “There was a little bit of seaweed, and in that I could see that it was something blue.”

She took the digital camera home and connected it to her computer where she discovered a couple’s wedding and honeymoon photos.

One picture showed a young bride and groom saying their vows. Another was of their honeymoon in Tahiti. There was even a picture with the names and a date written in the sand “Dylan and Lauren, June 1, 2012.”

Rogers found the camera over a year ago and hoping to find the rightful owners, she’s researched marriage registries online, put up signs in her neighborhood and even put an ad on Craigslist.

“I thought it was going to be easy, but I’ve been kind of stuck,” said Rogers, who’s convinced the couple lost the camera by accident. “The little hook on the camera that would hold the strap is broken, so that’s how I think they lost the camera.”

The longtime Cardiff resident said she’s still hopeful.

“People need to share this story. I’m thinking we’re going to find this couple and it will be heartbreaking if we don’t,” said Rogers.

This slideshow requires JavaScript.

10 Comments to “Cardiff woman searches for owners of lost camera”

Blb said:
    June 4, 2014 at 8:41 PM

She should turn it in to the sheriffs department.

dylan davis said:
    June 4, 2014 at 10:08 PM

thats my camera . i just woke up lauren and told her we are in shock and cant believe it. we talk about that camera everytime we surf down there. we lost it while i was filming her surfing and it sank straight to the bottom we were so bummed. i cant wait to thank you in person . we are freaking so happy you dont even know !!

Brooke kellison said:
    June 4, 2014 at 10:20 PM

How wonderful for you guys!! Dylan, how long ago did you loose the camera?? I’m so excited for you guys and I don’t even know you!! Cheers!!

Kitty Bryan Johnson said:
    June 4, 2014 at 10:36 PM

Love this story! Dylan was my neighbor in Huntington Beach when he was growing up! so happy the camera will be reunited with them!

WeddingHappy said:
    June 5, 2014 at 10:03 AM

Yay!

Diane said:
    June 6, 2014 at 12:05 PM

I love a happy ending!!!

Message in a Bottle Hunter said:
    June 8, 2014 at 9:40 PM

Yay happy ending! I've found a few cameras, too, but no luck tracking down the owners yet… http://messageinabottlehunter.wordpress.com/2014/