Crews battle attic fire in La Jolla home

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

SAN DIEGO – An electrical fire sparked in the attic of a multiple-story home in La Jolla Monday night, authorities said.

FirefighterTwenty-five San Diego firefighters responded to the 300 block of Dunemere Driver at 8:15 p.m. to reports of a fire, SDFRD dispatcher said.

“Husband and wife said they were having electrical problems at the house during the day,” SDFRD spokesman Lee Swanson said. “Fire was in an area between the exterior wall and the interior wall which had no insulation.”

The fire was contained within 20 minutes and damaged one room.  Investigators determined $75,000 of the property was damaged.

There were no reports of injuries.