Car crashes into home, just missing baby

LAKESIDE, Calif. — A speeding driver crashed her car into the bedroom of a Lakeside house, narrowly missing a sleeping baby early Thursday.

lakeside car baby

The crash in the 8800 block of Los Coches Road was reported at 2:06 a.m., according to the California Highway Patrol.

BabyCrash5.jpeg

The woman lost control of her black Toyota Scion sedan, jumped a curb, crashed through a backyard fence and into a bedroom where 5-month-old Conhur Maston as sleeping in his crib. The impact pushed the crib away from the wall, but the child was not hurt.

BabyCrash2.jpeg

Connor’s mother, Laurie Maston, was sleeping when the crash shook the house.

BabyCrash3.jpeg

“I woke up to the crash and a car horn and go to grab him, and there’s stuff between me and the crib which shouldn’t have been there — very scary,” Maston said. “But we’re both OK, so we’re OK with that — that we have somebody looking out for us.”

BabyCrash4.jpeg

Maston said the Scion driver was hysterical and complained of back pain. Paramedics took her to an area hospital for treatment of minor injuries, the CHP said. Investigators said that alcohol did not appear to be a factor in the crash.

7 Comments to “Car crashes into home, just missing baby”

Johnnybbaby said:
    January 30, 2014 at 8:39 AM

What's up with Dad? He looks like he is the Devil with that stare down.

denise said:
    January 30, 2014 at 10:12 AM

And what should he be doing….? Smiling? Some moron crashes into his house at 2:00 am just missing his baby, shes lucky that’s all he was doing..

Humanity said:
      January 30, 2014 at 11:02 AM

I agree Denise. If my child had been injured, I would have probably strangled the driver. What a selfish person. Speeding and displaying a total disregard for public safety.

TheOptimist said:
    January 30, 2014 at 12:49 PM

The driver was lucky to hit the side of the wall the baby wasn't against, the parents are lucky they didn't put the baby's crib 2 more feet to right and the baby is lucky the parents didn't move the crib 2 feet more to the right.. what can I say, I'm an optimist.

( . Y . ) said:
    January 30, 2014 at 5:02 PM

Dad got that CRAZY look in his eye lol

esco said:
    January 30, 2014 at 10:36 PM

I'd be pissed too if I was him, he almost lost his son and has a hole in his house and fence. What expression should he have?