Police investigate death in Oceanside

OCEANSIDE – A investigation continued Saturday into the death of a man who was found with an unknown type of trauma on a body-crimebike path and died a shot time later.

Two passers-by found the man lying face down near the railroad tracks off the 300 block of Neptune Way near North Cleveland Street about 6:40 p.m. Friday, Oceanside police Sgt. Matt Christensen said.

The two citizens saw that the man appeared to have sustained some type of trauma and initiated life-saving efforts, which were then continued by arriving fire personnel but were ultimately unsuccessful, according to Christensen.

The man died at the scene, Christensen said. His name was withheld pending family notification, he said.

Christensen said anyone with information should call Oceanside police.

6 Comments to “Police investigate death in Oceanside”

lorrainelsr said:
    November 16, 2013 at 3:21 PM

my prayers and deepest condolences to the family….rest in peace….sorry for your loss…I hope they catch the cold blooded murders ….heartbreaking to hear this kind of news…god bless

noname said:
    November 16, 2013 at 6:06 PM

Edit your articles! What's wrong with "died a shot time later"?

Glen said:
    November 17, 2013 at 5:39 AM

Oceanside….where the debris meets the sea!

joe said:
    November 18, 2013 at 7:19 AM

Rest in peace my boi..were gonna miss you …look down on us..rest easy ozzy.

floor coating installers phoenix said:
    November 19, 2013 at 9:10 AM

An outstanding share! I have just forwarded this onto
    a colleague who has been conducting a little homework on this.

And he actually bought me breakfast because I found it for
    him… lol. So let me reword this…. Thanks for the meal!!
    But yeah, thanx for spending some time to discuss this subject here on
    your blog.

e-cigs electronic cigarettes blu said:
    December 13, 2013 at 8:30 AM

Hey just wanted to give you a quick heads up and let you know
    a few of the pictures aren’t loading properly.

I’m not sure why but I think its a linking issue.

I’ve tried it in two different web browsers and both show the same results.