SAN DIEGO – A travel survey listed the Grand Del Mar in the nation’s top 10 places to bring your pet along on a trip.
The Mediterranean estate welcomes dogs by providing beds, bowls and toys. The four-legged companion must weigh 25-pounds or less and guests are charged a $100 fee.
“We had our dog and the grounds are very green and lush,” one traveler told TripAdvisor. “It was a perfect place to let him roam outside.”
Two other California resorts were listed on the TripAdvisor pet travel survey – Olea Hotel in Glen Ellen and Bardessono in Yountville.
More than 1,100 travelers took part in TripAdvisor survey. About 44 percent of the travelers considered taking their pets on vacation in the last 12 months.
Half of the pet owners surveyed expressed their frustration with finding animal-friendly accommodations, according to TripAdvisor.
- Beachside Village Resort, Lauderdale by the Sea
- Olea Hotel, Glen Ellen, California
- Bardessono, Yountville, California
- Inn of the Five Graces, Santa Fe, New Mexico
- Five Pine Lodge & Spa, Sisters, Oregon
- The Grand Del Mar, San Diego, California
- Sunglow Ranch – Arizona Guest Ranch and Resort, Pearce, Arizona
- Allison Inn & Spa, Newberg, Oregon
- Low-Key Hideaway, Cedar Key, Florida
- The Oxford Hotel, Bend, Oregon