Yeehaw Junction Blog

Prayers for Randy Travis, my idol!

randy travisNASHVILLE, TN-Two words “Randy Travis” for me mean so much.  He’s the reason I started listening to country music when I was 8 years old.  Randy was hospitalized recently due to a heart condition, and was in critical condition.  Now, it’s being reported his heart failure is possibly due to amphetamine use.  This what sources tell The Enquirer, and some might wonder if it’s true given Randy’s recent legal problems and DUI.

Randy is still in the hospital and recovering slowly, and I for one, hope he pulls through.  I saw him perform two summers ago at the San Diego Fair and it was one of the moments that took my breath away.  It’s because I have such fond memories of listening to Randy as a kid.  His songs are the reason I fell in love with country music.  Him and Travis Tritt, my two Travis’, lol!  I fell in love with country music before the Shania Twain’s and the before the Garth Brooks phase.  I was already embedded, and this man is the reason why!

Sources are coming out and talking to news sources saying Randy’s fiance, Mary Beougher, is to blame and a bad influence in his life.  But at the end of the day, I’m sorry—Randy is a grown man with a lot of life experience and can make his own decisions.  I’m not buying that someone is egging him on to make bad decisions.  As much as I love Randy, no one is to blame.

My only hope is that my country music idol recovers and comes back to country music stronger and more powerful!

Love you Randy!

7 Comments to “Prayers for Randy Travis, my idol!”

Brenkhail said:
    July 25, 2013 at 6:28 PM

Ishi va voota! Shem shay va voota!

Patricia Mallory said:
    July 27, 2013 at 8:15 AM

I for one appreciate the loving words from Randy's many fans, hoping and praying for his recovery. We are not to "idolyze" anyone except our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ- In whom we put all our faith in. However, I totally understand where people are coming from,when they convey their love for special artists, like Randy Travis, among many others who make life on this earth more bearable. He has been given the gift of life, and I thank God for answering our many prayers for his continued extention of help and rehabilitation. Only by God's Good Graces, will he get thru this!! He loves Our LOrd so much, as I get it from his songs, which are so beautifuland bless all who hear them. So, we are to stand in the gap for him to get thru this, one day at a time, as Our Lord wills it to be so. What a blessing he is to us, may God make him stronger each day !! Get well soon, and God be our strength in our friends, family and fans.

jvarafox5 responded:
      August 9, 2013 at 1:51 PM

Thanks Patricia for writing….so sad, but so happy he's recovering!!! xoxox

GEORGE BESEDA said:
    July 29, 2013 at 12:34 PM

JULLIETTE AND PATRICIA , WOW , RANDY TRAVIS IS WITHOUT A DOUBT ONE OF MY INSPIRATION'S , BE IT HE IS ONLY HUMAN , HE HAS A WAY OF SPEAKING THE TRUTH IN HIS MUSIC , WICH I CALL HEAVENLY MEANINGFUL AND SPOT ON , I WAS ABLE TO TAKE MY OLDEST DAUGHTER TO SEE HIM AND SAMMY KERSHAW IN ST. LOUIS SOME YEARS AGO , SAMMY ALSO ONE OF MY FAV'S ! MAJESTIC IS ALL I CAN SAY AND I TOO WISH FOR RANDY TO GET THROUGH THIS TIME AND BE BLESSED WITH BETTER HEALTH FOR HIS REMAINDER .

jvarafox5 responded:
      August 9, 2013 at 1:51 PM

Thanks George for reading and responding to my post! Continued prayers for him….xoxo

Ruth said:
    July 29, 2013 at 8:01 PM

He his a great singer and I am not the only one that thinks so. He is a human like us all. May GOD bless you Randy. Get well soon.

Jery said:
    July 29, 2013 at 10:43 PM

Love ya randy….please get well soon