Local News

Store fire caught on video

Bed Bath and Beyond FireCHULA VISTA, Calif. — Investigators hope surveillance video will help explain what started a fire in a South Bay home goods store.

Chula Vista fire officials said the fire began at about 6 p.m. Tuesday in the Bed Bath and Beyond store off H Street. A customer shot cell phone video of the flames as they climbed a shelf loaded with sheets and bedding. The video was posted on YouTube.

The fire activated the store sprinkler system and employees quickly evacuated the store.

Firefighters quickly doused the blaze.

No one was injured, but the store suffered considerable damage, officials said.

 

 

VIEW & ADD COMMENTS

11 Comments to “Store fire caught on video”

    DavePretty said:
    July 3, 2013 at 3:08 PM

    I like how he was totally casual about it, "A fire at Bed Bath and Beyond"

    *casually strolls through the aisle cell phone in hand*

    How about alerting the staff and/or pulling the fire alarm next time guy.

      David Zuckerman said:
      July 3, 2013 at 10:32 PM

      In addition to that, his child is there! Taking a video must be more important to his child's safety.

    ninja mega kitchen said:
    July 9, 2013 at 9:18 AM

    I do consider all of the ideas you’ve presented for your post. They’re very convincing and can definitely work. Still, the posts are too quick for starters. Could you please extend them a little from next time? Thanks for the post. ninja mega kitchen http://mojopages.com/user-profile/june-l/1547424

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

Advertisement

Advertisement