Bug bomb starts mobile home fire

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

48802003SAN DIEGO  — Six people found themselves displaced Thursday after a “bug bomb” apparently set off a fire in a mobile home in San Ysidro, authorities said.

The fire at the Mobile Village Park at 181 Willow Road was reported at 11:17 p.m. Wednesday, a San Diego fire-rescue dispatcher said, noting knock down was declared at 11:31 p.m. No one was injured.

Investigators suspect an insecticide fogger set off inside the mobile home combined with the pilot light from a hot water heater to spark the fire, according to the dispatcher.

Damage was estimated at $10,000 to the structure and $5,000 to its contents, he said.

The Red Cross was called to assist six people with housing.

5 comments

Comments are closed.