On the Money

‘Credit score dating’ gains popularity

SAN DIEGO – Move over “E-Harmony” and “Match.com.” There is a new player in the dating game called “CreditScoreDating.com,” and it’s based on the potential mate’s ability to pay their bills.

Recent studies have shown more and more young people are inquiring about a potential mate’s financial situation before they get into a serious relationship.

Hellen Chen, known as “the matchmaker of the century” said she is not surprised singles are paying attention to credit scores.

“They are probably thinking, ‘I better keep a good score so I have a good chance to meet a handsome boy or nice woman’,” Chen said. “I thought it was quite incredible on how people develop short cuts to try and match someone based on credit score.”

FOX 5 posted the question on our Facebook page, asking if people would date or not date someone based on their credit score. Here are some of the responses:

“Maybe if I found out they had a horrible one. Money issues are a big deal,” said Ginny Dunaway Bretsynder.

“I would go out with someone, but not based on their credit score, that is just mean,” Christopher Ibarra said.

“I think it`s pretty shallow,” said Courtney Chipman. “I mean, I think a credit score says a lot about a person, but people go through rough patches.”

Chen said honesty is important in dating and if financial future is a big deal, then it’s important to establish his or her situation early.

She also admitted a credit score isn’t going to substitute other important factors in dating like personality, humor and appearance.

“I don’t think people should be scare about it. They should have self-confident and learn to love. That is an ability and has nothing to do with your score,” Chen said.

The website that matches people based on credit score is now up to 10,000 members.

18 Comments to “‘Credit score dating’ gains popularity”

Challenge Coins said:
    February 28, 2013 at 5:28 AM

Finally I got It thank you very much for the sharing just keep up the good work.

David Bufferfen said:
    February 28, 2013 at 12:25 PM

Did you guys do any research on this article at all? CreditScoreDating is a scam site, their members are fake, and they try and get people to sign up for paid memberships despite there being no real humans on the site. The majority of those 10K members are not real and are just used to swindle people into thinking it is legit…this is crazy. Once it was reported last month most people quickly researched it and found out it was a scam…my god, do some research…

Scam said:
    February 28, 2013 at 12:30 PM

I agree with David, there are more like 800 profiles. A vast majority of which are fake.

Susan Mountmarten said:
    February 28, 2013 at 12:36 PM

Did you guys see this link??? http://roma.wcu.edu/groups/dantepatterson/wiki/c9
    CreditScoreDating HAS to be a fake. This is wild man!

guest said:
    February 28, 2013 at 5:33 PM

SWALLOW!! fake and foney alright..like my ex..that left me after we moved to SD…i was working 3 jobs, she goes out looking for work..leaves me for the guy that hired her….one of the many things she sez. in parting, 'You dont financially qualify for a relationship'.

nice huh? maybe you know/seen her? tall long-legged blond, worked landscape nursery

Scam said:
      February 28, 2013 at 10:08 PM

Are you sure she didn't say "Your sentences don't grammatically qualify as English"?

http://www.slideshare.net/ said:
    March 1, 2013 at 6:11 AM

Hello, I enjoy reading all of your article post. I like to
    write a little comment to support you.

the walking dead season 1 dvd australia said:
    March 22, 2013 at 2:20 PM

While people utilized to whisper when talking in regards
    to the undead for concern with bringing them out in the open, all caution has gone to
    the wind as fanatics prove to the world how they love the undead through their
    tees. Families who have money will bury the body under a stone slab so our bodies
    can’t be removed. If one does find that you simply simply must enter a big city – Your old co-workers are not your friends: If by some chance someone happens to run into a vintage co-worker that you accustomed to chat to regarding the daily events and the way much you dislike your boss, realize that he no longer has an interest in small talk unless it requires brains or eating people, go ahead and forgo the last pleasantries and either run or eliminate him.

James said:
    April 9, 2013 at 6:59 PM

It was really helpful that you are sharing this details to your readers, I do personally having a worth while in the article. Thanks for sharing such good release.

http://answers.yahoo.com/ said:
    April 9, 2013 at 9:08 PM

You are so awesome! I don’t think I have read through a single thing like that before. So nice to discover someone with original thoughts on this subject matter. Seriously.. thanks for starting this up. This web site is something that’s needed
    on the internet, someone with a little originality!

constipation baby said:
    April 11, 2013 at 4:36 PM

To receive Mary Beth Mc – Govern’s articles on Early Childhood related topics weekly, click SUBSCRIBE below and type in your e-mail address. Eating an excess of animal foods will lead to our own physiology reflecting the particular type of protein, such as beef, lamb, chicken, eggs, etc. A baby’s constant cycle
    of feeling over-full on formula may be the basis for a lower obesity risk in breastfed infants, based simply on the fact that formula-fed babies are being conditioned to understand that “over-full” equates to “hunger satisfaction”.

best loans deals said:
    April 22, 2013 at 5:23 PM

Really when someone doesn’t understand afterward its up to other people that they will assist, so here it occurs.

otulina said:
    July 9, 2013 at 5:05 AM

I enjoy looking through an article that will make men and women
    think. Also, thank you for allowing me to comment!

сайт хоум кредит банка said:
    July 11, 2013 at 9:54 AM

When some one searches for his required thing, therefore he/she desires to be available that in detail, thus that thing is maintained over here.

win iphone free said:
    December 14, 2013 at 2:22 PM

I juѕt could not leave your website prior to suggesting that I extrеmely loved thhe
    standard informаtion a person supply to your guests?
    Is goinhg to be again often in οrder to check up on neω posts

Tiara said:
    December 15, 2013 at 8:35 AM

Wаy cool! Some veгy valid points! I apрreсiate you penning this write-up plus thе rest of the website is also vеry good.

instalacje odgromowe said:
    February 27, 2014 at 1:52 PM

best-performing, as well as especially, you should not damage the person who else herself likewise hails from characteristics and
    its creation