Local News

Security boosted at school after threat

SAN DIEGO — School police officers patrolled a San Carlos middle school Tuesday morning in response to threats made last week by a student against classmates, school officials said.

School police at Pershing Middle SchoolThree police officers and a sergeant were part of a crisis response team at Pershing Middle School on Navajo Road to greet parents and students. They were posted at the school following an unspecified threat from a student who had been taken out of school last week, according to the school’s principal.

The principal first notified parents of the threat in a letter sent home with students on Thursday. There was no school on Friday or Monday because of the Presidents Day holiday.

The student who made the threat was being offered counseling, as were the students who had been threatened, the principal said. He will not return to the school, officials said.

By 8:30 a.m., students at the school were in class and three of the district police officers had left, FOX 5 News reported. One officer remained at the school for the rest of the day. Classes were on a normal schedule, district officials said.

VIEW & ADD COMMENTS

2 Comments to “Security boosted at school after threat”

    lmbowler said:
    February 19, 2013 at 9:25 AM

    Reblogged this on Bowler's Desk and commented:
    Security boosted at school after threat

    steve said:
    February 19, 2013 at 8:24 PM

    Didn't sound like a threat if they left at 8:30am
    Steve Bail San Diego

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

Advertisement

Advertisement