Man clowning with gun kills self

SAN DIEGO — A man died Monday night when he accidentally shot himself in the head while clowning around with a gun, police said.

The shooting happened just before 10 p.m. at the corner of Raven Street and Hilltop Drive in the Mount Hope area.

Investigators said the man was with some female friends when he put the 9mm handgun to his head and pulled the trigger as a joke. The chamber was empty the first time, but when the man repeated the stunt a short time later, the gun fired, killing him.

Witnesses told police that this was not the first time the victim had joked around with the gun.

33 Comments to “Man clowning with gun kills self”

Mickey Mouse said:
    January 22, 2013 at 9:55 AM

Our friend Darwin. Step aside and let him do his work

jonathan said:
      January 22, 2013 at 11:42 AM

Clowning with a gun? Who writes this crap and how old are they? Obviously not a graduate of a journalism school. Clowning with a gun, grow up.

matt said:
        January 22, 2013 at 12:08 PM

@ jonathan I guess the writer graduated from "Clown College" sorry, couldn’t resist based on your comment.
        Why is he out on the street with as loaded gun? I'm sure he didn’t have a permit in San Diego. I don’t want to sound cynical, but that is one less Irresponsible gun owner off the streets. It doesn’t really help the responsible gun owners.

Ken Simon said:
          January 22, 2013 at 4:24 PM

I agree!!! Gun ownership is for responsible owners who use them as intended. A sad story to have to hear.

liz said:
          January 23, 2013 at 9:37 PM

If u don’t have nothing nice to say keep it to.yourself that is my cousin ok..

Michael said:
            January 23, 2013 at 10:29 PM

How can you respect someone who doesn’t respect weapon rules? Don’t pull that crap on here. Your cousin was irresponsible and now he is dead. I hope this will be a lesson to all the other stupids put there.

Michael said:
      January 22, 2013 at 12:22 PM

Darwin has MUCH more work to do……..

Guest said:
    January 22, 2013 at 12:35 PM

karma

Guest said:
    January 22, 2013 at 12:38 PM

Hmm… i wonder who racked the slide and chambered a round while he wasn't looking?!?

Lin said:
    January 22, 2013 at 12:42 PM

RESPECT Guns…they are loaded even when they are not!

Mark said:
    January 22, 2013 at 2:42 PM

Probably wasn't his gun…

noel said:
    January 22, 2013 at 2:52 PM

so he loaded the gun… you can't kill anything with an unloaded gun unless you use it to beat them to death

noel said:
    January 22, 2013 at 2:54 PM

here's a scenario… he put a loaded magazine in, pulled the slide… see there's no bullet in the chamber….then releases the slide, thus loading one in the chamber… then pow… bye bye.

epicboredidiot said:
    January 22, 2013 at 2:59 PM

scotty1111 said:
    January 22, 2013 at 3:08 PM

Double Action Semi Auto on an empty chamber. First click, nothing, second click, goodbye. Thank you Mr. Darwin.

jonnybb1 said:
    January 22, 2013 at 3:23 PM

Must have been a gang-banger. Let God sort them all out.

Ellen132 said:
    January 22, 2013 at 4:12 PM

Hard to feel sorry for someone with such disrespect for a weapon !!! Pretty stupid…

Bill G said:
    January 22, 2013 at 4:28 PM

It is called natural selection……sad

R said:
    January 22, 2013 at 5:08 PM

It’s just another Stupid person and we will never fix stupid!!!! It’s sad, but stupid!!!! BTW gun haters, the gun did not kill him, his stupidity did!!!!!!! I have no feelings for something as dumb as this. Obviously this moron had no idea about gun safety whatsoever. I feel for his family, but really this incident is foolishness and carelessness on his part and should not in any way play into the ridiculous gun battle in our Country.

Connie said:
      January 22, 2013 at 10:12 PM

i agree with you … except.. SHOULD NOT in any way play into the ridiculous gun battle in (( our Country )) ??? should be—-> (((ANY COUNTRY))) Should NOT PLAY RIDICULOUS GUN GAMES PERIOD!!

Wyliecoyote said:
    January 22, 2013 at 5:39 PM

Stupid tars deserves it. Rule #1 treat every weapon as if it were loaded. Rule #2 only point the weapon at what you intend to kill.

Wyliecoyote said:
      January 22, 2013 at 5:40 PM

Tard*

Mattius said:
    January 22, 2013 at 8:40 PM

Hahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!! Sad? No. Funny? Yes!!! Lmfao!!!! Please tell me they recorded it and uploaded it.

Kelly said:
    January 22, 2013 at 9:53 PM

My heart goes out to his family and friends.

Jemin said:
    January 23, 2013 at 9:23 PM

Cardinal Safety Rules for all guns.
    1. Treat every gun as if it is loaded (chambered round) at all times 2. Keep your finger off the trigger until ready to shoot. 3. Keep safety on until ready to shoot 4. Do not point the gun at anything you dont intend to shoot. 5. When in doubt, remember rules 1, 2, 3 and 4. The right to bear arms only makes sense if you abide to these rules.

Joniene said:
    January 23, 2013 at 11:26 PM

I'm sorry for the loss for the family. Please, I agree with Jemin. Let's not take this unfortunate death in vain.

http://iwebsiterank.com/tinoneecottages.com.au said:
    January 29, 2013 at 10:24 AM

Eu simplesmente não poderia afastar o seu site antes de sugerir
    que eu extremamente se a informação padrão uma pessoa fornecer para seus visitantes?

Vai estar de volta, a fim de verificar-se muitas vezes em novos posts

videos de piada said:
    February 9, 2013 at 8:35 AM

Hiya! Quick question that’s completely off topic. Do you know how to make your site mobile friendly? My weblog looks weird when viewing from my iphone. I’m trying
    to find a template or plugin that might be able to correct this issue.

If you have any suggestions, please share. Thank you!

conservatory fitter liability insurance said:
    February 21, 2013 at 3:19 PM

First off I would like to say awesome blog! I had a quick question in which I’d like to ask if you do not mind. I was interested to know how you center yourself and clear your mind prior to writing. I have had difficulty clearing my mind in getting my ideas out. I truly do take pleasure in writing however it just seems like the first 10 to 15 minutes tend to be lost simply just trying to figure out how to begin. Any suggestions or hints? Cheers!

Yup said:
    March 3, 2013 at 12:10 AM

Real smart especially the part where it wasn't the first time he's played with a gun by pointing it at his head. Can't fix stupid!

empower network said:
    March 15, 2013 at 9:40 PM

I every time used to study piece of writing in news papers but now as I am a user of internet thus from now I
    am using net for content, thanks to web.

microgaming Casino software Microgamingonlinecasino net said:
    August 29, 2013 at 9:45 PM

I got this web page from my pal who informed me on the topic of this web page and at

the moment this time I am browsing this web site and reading very

informative articles at this place.

instagram followers said:
    August 11, 2014 at 10:28 AM

I want to start a website. It will be asking for money only to fund the seminars associated with holding meetings for the clients and for mailouts. How should I go about setting that up?.