Dunkin’ Donuts to open stores in SoCal

SAN DIEGO — Massachusetts-based Dunkin’ Donuts announced plans Wednesday to open stores in Southern California by 2015.

The coffee and donut chain is looking for franchisees in San Diego, Los Angeles, Riverside, San Bernardino, Ventura and Orange Counties, according to a company press release.

The company says it plans to open up stores in places like colleges and universities, casinos, military bases, supermarkets and airports.

The doughnut franchise had shops in California until it closed them down in the late 1990s.

Dunkin’ Donuts says its long-term goal is to have 15,000 restaurants nationwide.

Read more at latimes.com.

12 Comments to “Dunkin’ Donuts to open stores in SoCal”

james said:
    January 16, 2013 at 6:26 AM

We have one on Camp Pendleton in North County.

Vincent said:
      January 16, 2013 at 7:34 AM

Corporate food chains in Marine Corp bases taste like crap. They are strickly required to have their food altered so the Marines wont get too fat. Don't believe me? Eat at their McDonalds.

Guest said:
        February 24, 2013 at 10:09 PM

I love Subway Sandwiches on or off base. Always a good deal. The only thing good about Mickey D's is their coffee and their French Fries (fattening). McDonald's makes me fat just looking at the menu. Promise, I won't sue if I gain weight!

Cllj said:
    January 16, 2013 at 8:05 AM

We have one in San Marcos and the ladies there are so wonderful.

Gerry said:
    January 16, 2013 at 8:31 AM

I don't know why people in California are looking forward to Dunkin Donuts. The coffee and pastries are not very good. It's just another corporate chain pushing processed crap. Wait until they proliferate like in Mass. Hot pink and orange logos on every street corner (Yech!!)

lmbowler said:
    January 16, 2013 at 8:44 AM

Reblogged this on Bowler's Desk and commented:
    Dunkin’ Donuts to open stores in SoCal

JG in Chula Vista said:
    January 16, 2013 at 11:01 AM

Obviously you are all recent transplants and cannot remember when there were Dunkin Donuts throughout San Diego county. All they are doing is coming back.

Adrian said:
      January 16, 2013 at 7:52 PM

The one in La Mesa on Spring Street was my old haunt. And I think I remember one in Nasty City on Highland or thereabouts.

Guest said:
      February 24, 2013 at 10:10 PM

Mmmm ;)

Anonymous said:
    January 16, 2013 at 12:36 PM

Oh I can’t wait! Finally I have been craving for these donuts and I had to travel to Las Vegas just to taste them yummy donuts just like the same feeling when I was back in the Philippines. Anyways hopefully they finish up fast because 2015 is too long!

Louanne said:
    February 18, 2013 at 8:29 PM

Great items from you, man. I have keep in mind your stuff prior to and
    you’re just too wonderful. I really like what you’ve bought right here,
    certainly like what you are saying and the way in
    which you are saying it. You make it enjoyable and you continue to care for
    to keep it wise. I can’t wait to learn far more from you. That is really a great web site.

Homer said:
    February 24, 2013 at 11:05 PM

Time to make the donuts….