7 ways to open a wine bottle without a corkscrew
Wine. The nectar of the gods. But what if your corkscrew mysteriously goes missing? We’ve got some simple ways to solve that problem so that you can get your drink on.
1. Hit up your junk drawer and grab a screw hook. Apply it to the cork and get it snug. Now carefully and slowly wiggle out that cork and enjoy the fruit of your labor.
2. Hit that junk drawer again. Find a thick screw and twist it down into the wine stopper. When you are done grab pliers or clippers and twist that bad boy out. Voila.
3. This also can work with a large nail but you need to pound it in at a slight angle and then carefully remove the nail and cork with the back of a hammer. Take your time and you’ll be fine.
4. Now you might have heard that banging a bottle against the wall will pop the cork, and you would be right. However, it takes far too long to be effective so don’t bother with this trick just move on to something better such as…
5. The shoe string method. Want to really impress? Bore a hole in the cork and tie a big knot in a string. Shove that thing down there and then simply pull up hard on the rest of the string. Plipitty ploppy, time to get sloppy.
6. This one is my favorite. You just need a serrated knife. Take your blade and thrust it into the depths of the evil cork. Now slowly and carefully twist and pull. The cork will be out in moments, unless your bottle is wearing chain mail.
7. Finally, just to keep things fresh I will show you a new method that while not the easiest. Has …