How you can help Mexico earthquake victims

DA won’t charge man accused of molesting little girl

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

VISTA, Calif. — Prosecutors declined Wednesday to file charges against a 76- year-old Oceanside man arrested on suspicion of  molesting one preschooler and trying to do the same to another in a condominium complex near his North County home.

Tito Pimentel Callanta of Oceanside was arrested Saturday on suspicion of victimizing the two girls, ages 3 and 5, in the 4200 block of Tiberon Drive on separate occasions last month, according to police.

In both cases, Callanta allegedly used his two small dogs to lure the children behind a commercial trash bin for purposes of committing lewd acts, said Oceanside police Lt. Leonard Mata.

On Oct. 21, the suspect allegedly made a failed attempt to molest the older girl, who fled and reported what had happened to her parents, Mata said. While detectives were investigating those accusations, they learned that Callanta allegedly had molested the younger child under similar circumstances earlier in the month, he said.

The San Diego County District Attorney’s Office announced that after a thorough review of the case, it would not be filing charges against Callanta.

3 comments

  • Alex

    That is so discusting, I am so discusted with the desition, anyone who molest a child should be hang, why even spend tax money on pyscos like that!

  • Dave

    So what about the rest of the story. Why won't the DA press Charges was He falsely accused or not enough evidence. I wish this news org. would get there shit together. They keep the same shit up for weeks on there page. This is a very large area how about doing some reporting.

Comments are closed.